GMAT TEST PATTERN is changing on April 16, 2018 – it will be shortened by 30 minutes
- Number of questions on the test will be reduced:
- The number of Quant questions will be reduced by 6: from 37 to 31
- The number of Verbal questions will be reduced by 5: from 41 to 36.
- This includes a 23-minute reduction in the exam sections, as well as 7 minute reduction across several non-exam screens at the test center (e.g. Tutorial, Section Instructions).
- The time per question will be approximately the same. While GMAC says it will remain unchanged, we have calculated it to be 1.62 seconds shorter for quant and 1.42 seconds shorter for verbal:
earlier 75×60/37 = 121.62
now 61×60/32 = 120 seconds
earlier 75/41 = 109.75 seconds
now 65×60/36 = 108.33 seconds
so 1.42 seconds less per question in verbal.
- The reduction in questions comes from reduction of experimental questions.
- No Changes to IR or AWA section.
- There are some changes to the on-screen instructions that further reduce time used for the test.
- Reschedule exception for 1 week:If you already have scheduled your tests, you can reschedule an appointment but only if it is before May 6th. You have to do it by April 11th.
- GMAT Prep software should be released by April 30th (along with updated Exam Packs).
- More FAQ’s are here: https://www.mba.com/global/frequently-asked-questions/shorter-gmat-exam.aspx
Know More about GMAT Preparation